Mass timber buildings are developing rapidly in the construction market in Canada, and elsewhere in the world. They have several benefits: faster to build, design flexibility, small ecological footprint because wood is a renewable resource, etc. However, this type of structure meets several challenges, including sound insulation. So far, acoustic solutions in the floor/ceiling assembly for airborne and impact noises conceal the apparent ceiling of the mass timber structure. This, according to many, is a shame, because it is precisely these wooden architectural elements that characterize them and are appreciated by the owners. A new innovative sound insulation solution now exists: the AcoustiTECH SOFIX acoustic module. Designed to be installed under any type of floor covering, it can be installed in any type of building structure. In mass timber buildings, especially, it allows to keep the ceiling exposed.
Here are the main benefits:
- Meeting and exceeding the requirements of the National Building Code (airborne and impact noise), without suspended ceiling
- Floating installation
- Fast and easy to install
- Lightweight, easy to handle and shape
- Remains in place to facilitate the installation of the floor covering
- Structural support specifically designed to prevent sagging and support heavy loads
- Superior quality vapor barrier
- Revolutionary technology with a new binding agent made of organic renewable materials
- Contains a minimum of 60% post-consumer recycled glass
- Non-toxic and non-allergenic
To find out more, visit the product page on our website or our AcoustiINDEX, which offers acoustic performance depending on the type of structure and the floor covering. Do not hesitate to contact us for any question, recommendation or to integrate the AcoustiTECH SOFIX acoustic module to your projects at 1-888-838-4449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.