Rubber doesn’t always measure up to textileJulie Leduc
Monday, 17 December 2018
This topic is especially for builders, general contractors and installers. Building high-quality condo buildings and being able to promote superior soundproofing when selling your units allows your luxury projects to stand out from the competition and sell faster and easier. A peaceful living environment and peace of mind are at the heart of the concerns of your future customers. What about the choice of your acoustic solution for your floors? If you are used to working with recycled, heavy and bulky acoustic rubber membranes, you will be delighted to learn that there is another equally effective option on the market: acoustic membranes made from recycled textile fibers. In addition to providing superior acoustic performance, they are much lighter and easier to install than rubber membranes.
Acoustical membranes made of 100% synthetic textile fibers (recycled or not) allow the installation of all types of flooring: hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, vinyl and ceramic flooring. Non-toxic and non-allergenic, they possess high mechanical strength and resist delamination or structural collapse.
Do you care about quality of work and safety of your installers? Here's why you should consider using fiber textiles acoustic membranes in your condo projects:
- Lighter, therefore easier to handle by installers. Reducing risk of injury.
- Lighter, so faster to get on the building floors via a lift or an elevator. More rolls per ascending.
- In double-glued down installation, textile fiber membranes do not slip on the adhesive film. More stability when walking.
- In double-glued down installation, the floor covering is easier to install on textile fiber membranes because they do not move. Increasing speed of execution.
- When installing the floor covering, textile fiber membranes offer more comfort for the installer's knees. Increasing index of happiness at work!
So, the main advantage of textile versus rubber is the weight! Textile fiber membranes are much lighter. Therefore, easier to handle and to install.
Here is a comparative table of flooring acoustic membranes vs their weights:
* Weight is the approximate measurement for a 150 sq. ft. roll of membrane.
Textile membranes are therefore 3 to 8 times lighter than rubber. A weighty argument, don’t you think? And don’t forget that they offer superior acoustic performance. Do not wait any longer and contact us for more information. You could change the way you integrate acoustics by keeping your team healthy, increasing productivity, and providing superior soundproofing to your customers.
That's the AcoustiTECH’s peace of mind!